Thursday, September 6, 2012

Labor Day Weekend

One of the things we've loved about summer this year is spending time up at my parent's house in Heber!  We've fallen in love with Heber, Midway, and Park City and look forward to many more fun summers there, especially as James gets older!  There are so many fun things to do- I can't even count how many times Mike and my dad and brothers have gone golfing while the girls hung out at the pool, went on walks, shopped, and played with James at the house.  My family has always been incredibly close, but this summer we've gotten even closer I think.  Thanks mom and dad for always being so generous:)  Love you both so much.

We decided to go up to Heber one last time this summer over Labor day weekend with Alex and Allie and Stacie and Bennett while my parents and brothers were in NY at the U.S. Open.  As usual, the weekend was fabulous!  We drove up Friday night, grabbed dinner, hung out, and watched Psyche's. Saturday morning we got up early and went to Swiss Days in Midway.  Personally, I thought it was a little over-rated (maybe we got there too late?), but we still had a great time.  The scones were delicious and the Yodeler was absolutely incredible!   Later that afternoon we got chicken fingers and fresh blackberry shakes at Granny's before they close up until next summer, played games, watched an incredible lightening storm, and headed back home that night.  

Sunday we had a BBQ, and then on Monday morning Mike and I took James and hiked up Ensign Peak!  It's about time since we live right down the street and had never done it before as a family!  We had a great time.  James wasn't so sure about sitting in the front pack on Mike, but he was really good.  Mike and I liked it because it took about an hour round trip, which is perfect for us non-hikers.  That afternoon we dropped James off at my parent's house and Mike and I went miniature golfing at Cherry Hill.  He killed me, but it was still fun.  That night we had one last BBQ to bid summer farewell.  

It was a perfect weekend to cap off a perfect summer.  













No comments:

Post a Comment