Monday, July 30, 2012

Sun Valley 2012

 Every summer for the past 27 years of my life, I've gone on vacation to Sun Valley with all of my cousins, aunts and uncles, and grandparents. Some of my very fondest memories are of summers spent in Sun Valley, and memories made there with the people I love most. When I got married, I couldn't wait for Mike to fall in love with Sun Valley too! After three years of participating in the Sun Valley festivities, I think it's safe to say Mike loves our annual Sun Valley vacation just as much as I do.

This was James' first year at Sun Valley, and he was a champ! We carted him around EVERYWHERE with us, and he was an absolute angel. I don't think he got a normal nap all week long, but he happily slept wherever, whenever. Such a perfect, flexible little guy.

 We crammed a TON into just five days. Some of our favorite activities from the week included: The Child Family 2012 Olympic games, the annual putt putt golf tournament (I took 2nd place in the women's division!), the annual cookout and Child Family song (James made the song this year!), the annual cherry spitting contest, synchronized swimming noodle team dancing competition, bongo ball and a home run derby, staying up until 2am playing games with cousins, eating at our favorite delicious restaurants, visiting the Sun Valley candy shop, swimming, bowling, biking down Mt. Baldy and golfing (Mike and the boys), girl's cousin lunch, going to the hot pots, lunch with my grandparents, etc. It was absolutely AMAZING. I LOVE my family so much. Can't wait until next year!!














1 comment: